T was supposed to hear yesterday about the job he interviewed for last week but he got an email yesterday saying they were “taking more time for consideration”.
At this point we both have the feeling that he won’t get this one. But as a) he didn’t expect to get an interview and b) we really didn’t want to move there anyway, perhaps its not ALL bad.
I was thinking the other day that it has been about a year since he started looking for a job to come up here and so its been about a year that we have really had no idea about the future or what it would look like from month to month. And while humans actually DON”T have any idea of what the future hold from month to month, we do tend to allow ourselves to settle into grooves and at least THINK we know what to expect.
So this state of unsettledness has been going on for awhile and is getting wearing.
And to top it all off, T saw some positions with his company in the state of MAINE and i have been thinking with great longing of the state of Maine all week but I know it would be great foolhardiness to even contemplate moving there when our whole goal is to stay near family whilst the children (which of course, means the TT at this point) are little.
But if we were going to move far away, we’d just move to Oregon and save the hassle of a coast-to-coast move:
But in the meantime, we’d just like a job, please, and we’ll be still satisfied even it is in the mid-west for the time being.